21 October 2009

DMC & Notting Hill WIN YSL

.

Announcing the 2 winners of The Private World of Yves Saint Laurent & Pierre Berge books

DMC- is the winner of the book with the opulent US cover. Congrats DMC.

My Notting Hill wins the UK version. Congrats.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments. Originally I purchased the 2 UK books- One for giving away to all you- great readers & followers, and One for keeping. As I looked through it and it is wonderfully filled with Ivan Terestchenko photographs of the YSL & Berge, I decided to get the US copy of the book too. As always- a bit conflicted by the two choices. I do find I prefer the French cover even more- I think it is the RED in the background.

So on to the French version- Ivan Terestchenko says the book will be released later in English with the French cover and added "As a record from an insider, I took this shot FOR the cover right from the beginning, Pierre Bergé who was asked to choose between several other options, selected it instantly " this one of course" he said, so did Peter Saville who designed the cover and the book. By the way, there is also a German edition (the prestigious Rolf Heyne Collection ) who chose to keep this picture but , unnecessarily I think, darkened the red background.
I will be saving a RED YSL copy for my readers.



Winners contact me with your addresses-check my profile for my email.

.

6 comments:

  1. Just had a brain storm: why not start a designer book review post? Like you, I have been very disappointed in some of my new fall picks and it would be interesting to hear other's comments. A book that isn't on any one's radar is Janet Lindsay's All About Color. Her approach is an amazing, around the world of optics, biology, evolution and passion. The last two pages moved me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing a glimpse into the world of Book Cover Design. Great post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home-I would Love for you to be a guest writer on this the color book! You are just as widely known as any blogger and your Opin. matters. Please, please. G

    ReplyDelete
  4. liz, thank you.I am into studying Clarence John Laughlin and his Southern photography-Your thoughts? G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! This made my day. I am very much looking forward to reading this book. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? REALLY? Thank you! I loved hearing what others thought, which gave me lots to consider.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails