11 February 2010

classic Blass

.
yet more proof that Bill Blass was a fashion original.
classic wax seal becomes a signature button.
fitting, No?
"I remember one of the first times I went to Paris 
as a young man-
to see the shows for Maurice Rentner. 
here were all those slightly fussy European ladies
in their frills and furbelows,
in strolled Gloria Vanderbilt and C.Z. Guest 
in flannel trousers and cashmere turtlenecks.
they were a breath of fresh air.that sporty brashness, 
the ease, the naturalness 
and elegant comfort of the American attitude-
that's what it's all about."



BLASS Fall 1991 Collection- mine is a double breasted navy cashmere & to me those buttons are priceless.

image from Bill Blass An American Designer
.

5 comments:

  1. These buttons are so fabulous. The red coloured button and black and white checks go so well together. Many thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm so very flattered and honoured. ASD

    PS. I never knew Christopher Reeve was a Republican. But he was one of the most educated actors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, B.B. -what a genius! I love that quote. Whatever happened to those American women?! It seems that that attitude in America is all but faded away. Sad. It's good to know that there are women out there like you keeping that idea alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The order of those black/white checks
    and
    the dollop those buttons create
    are perfection ... .

    Jjj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen those buttons before. Divine! Love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grant, I know-it's that why didn't I think of that Brilliant Idea.pgt

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails