18 September 2010

printemps

.

more is more-
only when less is more- perfection?

likely my favorite dress from a week of mountains of clothes piled  in the New York streets for fashion week from the many designers showing on runways, instantly live streaming, images present on all news sites- fashion overload (and I was not there)

a string from the bow of a violin- vert clair -dissonant strains, then pizzacato, Stravinsky's Le Sacre du printemps.











we hear, we see- again,
yet-still a frisson of frenzied pleasure- unlike the response to The Rite's 1913 Paris premiere was of frenzied shock.







Marcio Madeira photographs from VOGUE
a review from Hamish Bowles  here

.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful dresses, terrible casting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is breathtaking...I have been wearing this color lately
    Stravinsky is not among my favorite composer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That delicate neckline ... .
    that sublime color.
    Refreshing, indeed.

    jjjjj

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shades of pink and green are wonderful. I love these colours together in nature xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is gorgeous, the model stunning and the color DIVINE! I've been trying to think of what color to have the cushions made in for my dining room chairs and this just may be it! Maybe this color in crushed velvet? I'm so bad at fabric choices but do want something bold and solid colored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stefan, the color is arresting. I am thinking of Prussian blue for You i a mohair or linen velvet.pgt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I followed the link to the de la Renta collection earlier in the week and have not been able to get those dresses out of my mind. Does anyone do a dress better? I wish I could fill my closet with them...and change my life!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails