14 January 2011

Anna's Return part v

.



She was the first English woman I had ever met. 
And it seemed to me she knew more about the world than anyone. 
But it was a world Siam was afraid would consume them
The monsoon winds had whispered her arrival like a coming storm
Some welcomed the rain, but others feared a raging flood. 
Still she came, unaware of the suspicion that preceded her. 
But it wasn't until years later, that I began to appreciate how brave she was, and how alone she must have felt.
An English woman. 
The first I had ever met. (from the 1999 movie Anna & the King-based on Anna Leonowen's diaries )


















more of Anna's return here
all Anna's things from 1st dibs
anna's coat -as seen in Vogue January 1971

 .

3 comments:

  1. Great series of Anna's return. What wonderful 1st dibs picks and collages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an elegant, well designed & engaging spot here on the internet thingy. I am always pleased when I stop by.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails