18 September 2014

125

Schumacher is celebration 125 years in Design.
I'm impressed with some of their offerings accompanying this milestone.


With great style, Schumacher's ad campaign embodies what makes a 125 year old company so relevant in a world of textile design house takeovers-consolidations and closures.



Boughton House, from a circa-1870 fragment of fine cotton in the company's archives.



Shock Wave, crafted in Italy at one of the finest silk mills in the world.





Iconic Leopard returns from the 1970's when Schumacher first ran the pattern.



Les Gazelles Au Bois, by artist Pierre Pozier, nephew of Schumacher founder, c.1927.




Citrus Garden, an archival print designed for Schumacher in 1947 by Josef Frank.




Happy Birthday Schumacher!


16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. they've put together some beautiful fabrics from the archives, that one especially! pgt

      Delete
  2. Gaye, Schumacher has really come out with their best and updated them beautifully, the first Chinoiserie in the deep purple, my favorite!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love Frey, but Ms Hill has my vote for the most sustained weekend on my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TTH is quite the thing, and leave it to you to notice! She's one of these constantly photographed young women full of style, long legs, and money! Schumacher was smart to put her front and center. pgt

      Delete
  4. For me, chintz has never gone out of style. But there seems to be a revival brewing. I hope some of the gorgeous documents from their archives will be re-issued.
    _ The Devoted Classicist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I agree on the chintz, and yes everything old is new again. Nothing better looking than old chintz to my eye. pgt

      Delete
  5. I'd love to have many yards of the Leopard Print. Gorgeous.
    xo Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, that comes in several colorways-amongst them a fuchsia. pgt

      Delete
  6. I really enjoyed seeing the first photo with the colors of the fabric, the red head, and her teal blouse...made my eyes 'happy'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she-and the wallpaper are quite arresting. it's a great photograph-and inspired placement for Schumacher.

      Delete
  7. Purple Chinoiserie! though my eyes feel straying to those lemons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are lots of things to love here-I'm particularly attracted to the gazelles. pgt

      Delete
  8. So happy to see a Josef Frank textile again. They are so happy and carefree, missing the old B&F ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one of the B&F prints in a kitchen, breakfast room, den years ago. it's an exuberant thing-and I agree, they are wonderful patterns. Schumacher is so right to bring that one back into the fold. pgt

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails