07 October 2015

Heart's desire


Ben Williams paints in the sun filled upstairs hall of the house.



The current issue of WALTER magazine includes a story I wrote about a house... not just any house-but something like my heart's desire. I wrote in Walter's Contributor section, "This month's story about Clarendon Hall is one after my own heart. Old houses, a stellar art collection, and stories all are passions of mine. The Williams are a rare breed, both welcoming and erudite, and they have assembled a personal collection of art in a house alive with history."




CLARENDON HALL
The cover of October's WALTER was shot of the house by Catherine Nguyen.
Catherine was at my house early in the summer. Read her story here.




The eye is constantly moving and stimulated at the Hall. I was taken with several things-and these just a few of the photos I took at the interview.  Read the story and see Cat's beautiful photographs in Walter HERE.



Ben Williams wrote several articles for L'OEIL, Rosamond Bernier's art magazine created in France during the 1950's, beside it a Bertoia sculpture on a tatted doily.





I fell in love with this chair and the needlepoint Ben designed and worked. The colors are wonderful.





One of a pair of vases of Jugtown pottery by its founder- Juliana Busbee made for the Williams as a wedding present.





Read the story and see the photographs at WALTER here




7 comments:

  1. Love the gravel drive.......days gone past. xoxo Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, yes indeed it is a real halcyon return. I truly fell in love with Ben and Margaret, and the house! pgt

      Delete
  2. Divine! Beyond!

    By the way; because of you, I subscribed to "Walter"! I got two issues.....will check on that; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penelope thank you thank you! Please email WALTER- lroberts@waltermagazine.com and tell them how much you like this story! thanks Gaye

      Delete
  3. Gaye, the home,. the art, that needlepoint chair! A true gem throughout!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Lee Bowers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails