20 July 2017

kaftan summer: OLIVIA JOFFREY

the people you will meet, right where you are.

such wonderful friends and fellow travelers in the world of design, decoration, & fashion, I've encountered right here on this page.



while I don't consider myself fashionable, the world of fashion intrigues me and always has.
its fast paced clip from one season to another never ceases to amuse & amaze me.
how do you keep up? I don't try.
my summer wardrobe is made up of kaftans. a few vintage, many from J.Peterman, several from Irving and Fine, and now I've added a go to kaftan from OLIVIA JOFFREY. I first knew Olivia as the blogger Vigilante Living–
& now:

Her eponymous collection is both a love letter to 1970s Santa Cruz, her bohemian hometown and her mother -- a former stage actress whose expatriate years in mid-century Spain flavored her personal style. - from her website here.



In addition to Olivia's great kaftans her website is a trip. It's like no other in terms of the eclectic artistic presentation of her creative life and her mother's influence on it.





I have her Carmel Cabana Dress in Midnight Dot. The fabric is one of my all time favorites- a soft cotton dotted swiss in black. The dress is practically Lined in another soft black cotton-which I appreciate. It solves the problem of the dreaded "see thru." I've worn the dress to 2 events for my book already and it will pack when I go to California this fall. 



I wore the dress untied, with these great pink beaded silk tassels on my gold hoops. Olivia sent these with the kaftan and I love them. They just slide over the hoops. Along with the earrings, I'm wearing an Anndra Neen necklace.



3 comments:

  1. You look mahvelous, darling. Just how I expect you to look. Very chic. It's too hot around here for caftans. Little white cotton dresses. My kids tell me, don't bend over Mom. I lived on the farm too long. Told them, the neighbors shouldn't look. Tres cheek here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU need to see the KAFTANS from YUMEWORLD or YUMEKAFTANS on INSTAGRAM!!!
    I own at least 6............
    I practically live in KAFTANS!!!!!
    I ADORE FASHION but do not keep up either......DO MY OWN THING!!!!!SEE MY BLOG!
    THEVINTAGECONTESSA.NET
    I would like to make KAFTANS but never will...........it's been an idea for years!I DONOT SEW!
    NOW< WHEN ARE YOU COING TO CALIFORNIA and will you be coming to the SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA?
    I have THE BOOK AND WILL MARCH OVER FOR YOUR SIGNATURE!I LOVE WHAT YOU DO...........and you told me about a book which I got and MUST START reading!I'm ANTIQUEGODDESS on Instagram!!!
    I WILL GO NOW AND CHECK OUT HER KAFTANS AS ONE CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh PGT this is truly an honor. I remember reading Little Augury years and years ago while planning my wedding and seeking some sort of visual poetry (not cheesy!) inspired by all the lives you have studied and immersed yourself in. I'm actually more like you than a clothing designer -- I am less interested in fashion per se myself than how to live expressively, precisely the field you've traversed in _How They Lived_. Kaftans are the perfect piece to live in without constriction, and with MAX room for expression! As evidenced in your picture here with the fabulous necklace xoxoxoxo Yours, Olivia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails