15 June 2009

Little Augury Summer Reading

...and so we begin SUMMER.

Remember the SUMMER READING PROGRAMS at the Public Library? Over the next month little augury will make reading essential.

Reading is like water to me- I can't live without it.

from my collection

I've asked the brilliant bloggers-the house of beauty and culture, An Aesthete's Lament, Mrs. Blandings, and the peak of chic to join me in the Library. architect design and Porter Hovey have signed on too. As a designer- I think I could love working with architect-ad and Porter Hovey's Polaroid Project is a must see for me. JCB, le style et la matiere in Paris, and Ancient Industries/ my book covers drop in as well- all with a unique twist on BOOKS. Rose C'est La Vie rounds out the list. Rose is a newcomer to blogging like me and we feel somewhat like blog sisters. In all cases- this assemblage inspires me daily.

I've asked some of my friends to participate as well- Why? because they are DOING things, whether is is writing, farming, mothering, cooking- they have a lot to say too. Wait and see.

I have some of the best books out there to share with readers too.

little augury

the SUMMER READING SERIES
BOOKS to BESTOW on READERS
A SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION

POST IS UPDATED EACH TIME A BOOK BELOW IS WON

Sister: The Life of Legendary Interior Decorator Sister Paris
Serve It Forth MK Fisher &The Sex Life of Food- a pair of books together
Dwellings the home Sills & Hunniford

The 20th-Century Art Book in miniature-A book to be given away with a porterhovey summer reads list

A Perfect Red Architect Design won this BOOK!
Jaime Drake Pigtown won this BOOK!

~

A Book Notes Journal
Home: 50 Tastemakers Describe their own homes
Revisiting the Painted House-balsamfir won this book.

How to Hepburn- 1 now available
How to Hepburn: Lessons on Living Hill Country House won this book!
My Darling Heriott/ JEZEBEL WON THIS BOOK!

Paths of Desire by Dominque Browning
Book Notes Journal ELIZABETH FLOYD WON THIS BOOK!

Fleur Cowles Flower Arranging
The Paris Review Interviews Vol. I-giveaway with le style blog post
The Paris Review Interviews Vol. II-giveaway with le style blogpost


I either own a copy of these or purchased one for myself too.

Is there a book here you would love to have? OR that You already have and can recommend? Let us know and you might be the winner of one of your picks. Good Luck.

...stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what everyone puts on his or her list. I'm naturally hiding this from my family as seeing me connected with "brilliant" would surely make them laugh until they wet their pants. I am thrilled to be included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs B. I am laughing so hard- good bladder control, your family should work on it too- they will be hearing that a lot! G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently purched Jamie Drake's book and he's coming to speak here in DC next month and I plan on going to the lecture -I can't wait! It's a really fun and fab book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous list! Thanks for stopping by Sanity Fair. I began my only little reading list for the summer based on this year's Southern Literary Trail. I don't have time to drive it, so I'm going to read it instead :) Can't wait to see what else makes your list! And I'm adding you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LA... I've got stacks and stacks of books around, waiting to be read. Light reading, heavy reading, picture books and cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be fun. LIke Pigtown I've got stacks everywhere, made a little more intense because I started upholstering a room in which three bookcases live and those cases and books have filled up other rooms. It's not quite Dickens rag and bone shop but it is certainly books gone wild. Looking forward to the lists. Your first was very thought provoking "Serve It Forth" is on the top of my list.Sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do we keep it all straight? I have stacks of stacks-
    Pigtown- I love cookbooks too, great reading and pictures.
    AD- I would love to see Jaime Drake- I am sure he will be entertaining.
    SA- thanks!
    Home- share the upholstered room results! g.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails