24 January 2010

Patchwork VI- Temptation at the V&A

.



quilting?
patchwork quilting?
the perfect project for 2010?


shells


seed head

 This available in March from the Victoria and Albert-



the book accompanies the V&A exhibition of the same name.

& this-




& these. I am partial to the graphic Shells. I love the delicacy of seed head in blue. Perhaps just a few metres to tuck back for...
available in the Fat Quarter (50 x 75cm), Half Metre (50 x 150) and 1 Metre (100 x 150cm), as well as cut to order metreage (2m +). I'd preorder now.



 an exclusive limited edition collection of 18 printed cottons, vividly bringing to life designs from the quilts on display. the V& A has adapted these designs a smidgen to lure modernists.

from Stephanie LaCava at Vogue's People are talking about-' Sue Prichard, curator of contemporary textiles at the V&;A, describes the palette of the reimagined patterns, which feature tiny repeating roses, leaves, shells, hearts, and even seaweed—inspired by a quilt made in 1829 to commemorate the Duke of Wellington’s victory at the Battle of Vittoria. '
seaweed



'The second collection, for spring/summer 2010, will reference the florals of Horrockses Fashions, a British clothing label from the forties and fifties, but for now, it’s all about patchwork. “The idea is to inspire people to go off and create,” says Prichard. “It’s about being as eclectic or eccentric as you choose to be in the context of your house'
(again from LaCava)

all images from V&A HERE
& HERE 
& HERE


.

12 comments:

  1. Way 222 artsy craftsy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These fabrics are captivating , I have always been infatuated with quilts. I have started a few but never managed to finish them, I find the curse of the moden woman-distraction always gets in the way. Maybe 2010 is the year to finally see it through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on this - I love the image top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaye -- the momentum is really building isn't it? Over the weekend I spotted a quilt outside a boutique that last year would not typically have had anything patched for sale. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a beautiful quilt in dark broody colours, but that's not why I'm here! Where has Edit, Edit, Edit gone? LA, why did you 'conceal' it? Please tell.

    Anon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dearest Anon-& why do you conceal your identity? prerogative? I do wish you had visited it earlier. I removed the post because I had 2 old hands at blogging comment that they thought the gratuitous insipid comments I had received from Eddie Ross were Automatic ones and not true responses to my humble opinion about editing the room. I did think if this WAS the case-my own reaction was unwarranted though my opinions still stands. I am nothing if not fair- If the comments could have been read in the full context of the post- I would have left it up. But since-I found the explanation very plausible it seemed I was reacting to a phantom reply- that was unfair.I live and learn and I do know when to edit. You? If you would like a full copy of the post-send an email and I will copy you on it. pgt

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and anon- The moody brooding quilt sounds,Well dark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the heads up on the V&A/Liberty fabrics - love the blue...would work for my frames I think

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with me.
    Warm regards and a lovely week to you.
    All my very best,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quilt designs can be true works of art! Pieces of style and history. I hope this fine art form does NOT go away!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these patterns-You are so right Karena-I think quilts and all handwork are art forms. would love too see the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, what an amazing thing that V&A exhibition is going to be! I think there will be many wonderful surprises there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails