22 January 2014

my little JAR

.I just received it today.






and it's a jewel of a book. diminutive-but with exquisitely detailed photography, JEWELS by JAR is part of the Met's exhibition of Jewels by the legendary jeweler-artist Joel A. Rosenthal, JAR











photographed on the midnight laid pages-JAR's Jewels are untethered from their worldly owners-to float as they should- in space-with space, infinitely as beautiful as their ancestors-the Camellia, the Butterfly.





the JEWELS are kept in a little black book a diminutive eight inches square & it is all fitted into a pink JAR slipcase.

in Harper's Bazaar September 2013 issue-the equally as exquisite Stella Tennant wears her JAR willow leaved earrings-




 "The ones that I fell for hook, line, and sinker were the willow-leaved earrings of chrysoberyls and diamonds. There is no front or back, no part that hasn't been given the same attention to detail. The inside of the clasp is diamond-encrusted. It may help grip the lobe, but that's not the point"-ST from Harper's Bazaar, Sept 2013.




 I'll never have my own JAR Jewel-but I've got the book-and that's really quite something.





all the images-other than my own-top two, and the photograph of Stella Tennant are from the book- JAR JEWELS, printed for the Exhibition of the same name at the Met.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces! You can often find great costume jewelry at estate sales. Please come and visit me on my blog as well http://www.enzieshahmiri.com/blog

    Best,
    Enzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that possibly a diamond-encrusted clasp, even where penetration is sometimes adopted, would carry the concept of care-worn to contradictory heights. D'you suppose it would be cheating, to fashion a little sleeve for this chic vise? That aside, I'm certainly with you all the way in the willows.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails