12 April 2009

Betty Anne's Name Day

a page from my mother's baby book


Betty Anne Cushwa


one of the many mementos my gramma lovingly saved for Sugar Cushwa


as a young lady


as a young mother


Happy Birthday BA, April 12.

I'd like to be the air of spring, At flowering of the dawn.
I'd hover low on gentle wings , ruffling blades of grass
Spilling jewels in sparkling array, As I tiptoe past.
I'd beckon trees on bended knee, And watch them bow to me.
Then with a whisper, I'd kiss the flowers
Tenderly, tenderly, Never mussing a fragile petal.
And with the full bloom of dawn, I'd gather my robes about me-
And disappear with only a whisper-
I was here-
I was here.
~Betty Cushwa Tapp

9 comments:

  1. fortune smiles on the child who knows their parent as a poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful tribute to your mother-

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post...I love your mother's poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet, our mothers share the same birthday!
    What a beautiful lady inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, happy birthday to your mother, she's looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo of your Mom in a bathing suit. So elegant and GORGEOUS.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading and getting lost in your world, and this post is so plainly honest and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails